DAMERHAM and District Horticultural Society held their first show in three years last week.
A total of 133 vases were counted during the spring show at Damerham Village Hall on Saturday – not just daffodils but also tulips, spring flowers and flowering shrubs.
There was also a mouth-watering presentation of cakes in the cooking classes.
Thanks to Camilla Prosser and Vanessa Sherwood and their pupils at Western Downland Primary School, there were a large number of entries into the children’s classes, causing much excitement among the participants when the prizes were awarded.
The awards were presented by the society’s president, Jane Hall.
- Sutton Vane Cup – exhibitor with most points in amateur gardener classes: Libby Seldon
- Parmiter Cup – runner-up in the Home Gardener classes: shared between Marilyn Harrington and Helen Mullens
- Medal of the Daffodil Society for the exhibitor having obtained the most points in the specialized classes: David Manston
- Daffodil Society diploma for the finalist: Nick Lock
- Challenge Cup for Best Daffodil in Show: Rebecca Fredericks
- Clare Cottam Award for Exhibitor with Most Points in Spring Flower Classes: Marilyn Harrington
- David Dampney Award for Highest Pointed Exhibitor in Flowering Shrub Classes: Edward Simmons
- Challenge Cup for Best Exhibition in Floral Art Classes: Marilyn Harrington
- Sarah Robbins Award for Highest Exhibitor in Cooking and Craft Classes: Imogen Giles
Get more news from Forest Journal.
You can also like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date.
Email [email protected] with your comments, photos, letters and stories.